The scope of work for this year includes: to assist in participation of meetings and activities of the APEC EWG; to assist in establishing bilateral cooperation with other countries in energy technologies; to analyze energy policies of APEC member economies; to analyze energy information of major international organizations, including UNCSD related to sustainable energy issues, WTO, APERC, and IEA related to energy supply and demand and production; to analyze UNFCCC policy and measures related to climate change and energy; and to continue collecting and establishing information for the APEC energy information website.
By carrying out the scope of work, this projects expects to achieve the following:
1. Internationalizing our energy-related information and technologies through our consultation and cooperation with other economies under the framework of APEC.
2. Promoting bilateral relations by participation in APEC EWG meetings;
3. Adopting energy technologies from advanced economies through technology transfer mechanisms under APEC EWG, in order to elevate our technological standards in energy use and transmission, and to lower the environmental impacts of energy overuse;
4. Increasing the level and scope of cooperation with other advanced countries such as the United States, the Netherlands, Denmark, Australia, Japan, Germany and France; and promoting the relationship between energy management and energy trade.
5. Assisting in the expansion of our foreign relations and channels, which are important for our participation and visibility in the international community.
6. Strengthening relations with other non-allied countries, in order to break through political barriers and provide an environment for bilateral and multilateral economic cooperation, and expand our influence through our actively participation in the EWG.
This site is developed and maintained by TIER and hosted by Bureau of Energy of Chinese Taipei.